American film and music producer Warner Bros picked up a minority stake in Santa Monica, California-based broadband television startup TV4 Entertainment for an undisclosed amount to maintain its standing in the digital-video industry.
Online video platform Viddsee launched its new site Viddsee BUZZ to promote independent films from Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia, Thailand, and the Philippines on social media and help them go viral.
Studio City, California-based content and rights management firm FilmTrack acquired Pasadena-based IP rights, royalty, and contract management software provider Jaguar Consulting for an undisclosed amount.
California, US-based YouTube multi-channel network Fullscreen added Texas-based video game media firm ScrewAttack for an undisclosed amount just a couple of months after it bought mobile-video startup Supernova.
France-based premium pay television channel Canal Plus took a majority interest in YouTube French comedy channel group Studio Bagel for an undisclosed amount to beef up its Over the Top Technology (OTT) business in the country.
Unterfoehring, Germany-based production and distribution firm Red Arrow Entertainment Group picked up a majority stake in Bethesda, US-based entertainment firm Half Yard Productions in a deal estimated to be valued at more than $40 million.
NBC Universal has agreed to buy a minority stake in tech-news site AllThingdD, which is set to be renamed "Revere Digital" this month, according to a Bloomberg report.
Fullerton, an investment fund run by Singaporean sovereign wealth fund Temasek Holdings, has acquired 5 million shares in Bollywood film distributor Eros International at USD11 apiece.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It