AirBNB is a platform on which people all around the world can rent out spaces of their choices. But now actual hotels are also seen on AirBNB, renting rooms.
The U.S. airline industry expressed concerns on Friday about the tentative merger of Expedia Inc (EXPE.O) and Orbitz Worldwide Inc (OWW.N), saying it could hurt the travel business, but hinted it would not lobby actively against the deal.
Expedia Inc (EXPE.O) has acquired online travel agency Travelocity from technology company Sabre Corp (SABR.O) for $280 million in cash, the companies said in a statement on Friday, as consolidation in the online booking industry continues.
San Francisco, US-based digital marketing tool developer Kenshoo secured $20 million in a funding round led by Bain Capital Ventures to launch its predictive media optimization platform.
Cupertino, US-based cloud marketing startup Ensighten purchased London, UK-based tag management firm TagMan for an undisclosed sum to gain traction over its bigger rivals in the website marketing sector.
US-based processor giant Intel acquired private hackathon organizer Hacker League for an undisclosed amount, in a deal that will merge the latter with Mashery, an Intel company.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks