Last week, the Bank of Egypt has increased its benchmark rates following a devaluation of local currency by 10%. The moves are believed to be parts of measures taken by the government to address the shortage in foreign currency reserves. Now, the Egyptian government has announced on Sunday a new special program to secure foreign aid and investments.
A black market for dollars has absorbed liquidity from the Egyptian banking system over stressing country’s foreign reserves. Egyptian pound has been weekend ignoring several steps adopted by CBE. Finally, it has started mulling to enact tougher regulations on regulating the foreign exchange market.
Economists and analysts have repeatedly been suggesting for devaluation of local currency in a bid to ease pressure on foreign currency reserves. But the Egyptian central bank has refrained from doing so considering surge in inflation. The inflation has been recorded as the lowest in February during the last six months and the bank has devalued the currency on Monday.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display