Nestle has developed a new method to restructure sugar, allowing for reduced sugar content for its candy products. This new breakthrough will be used starting 2018.
Mexico will ship up to 500,000 metric tons of sugar to U.S. without any modification on the agreement being signed by the two nations on December 14. U.S. consumers prefer sweeteners from sugarcane over sweeteners manufactured from genetically modified beets.
South Africa is experiencing wheat shortages prompting grain importation. The increased tariff has been approved but Treasury requested the Trade and Industry sector to review it as it will affect the prices of staple food.
El Niño is hitting on cane productions especially in Asia, leading to a global shortage and the rise in prices. This would be the first year of sugar shortage after years of surplus. The shortage is projected to be prolonged to at least next year.
India's National Commodities and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX) has imposed special margins in Kapas contracts. Kapas prices fell over seven percent during the past fortnight. NCDEX has taken the decision to check further fall in Kapas contracts.
Mexico and the United States reached a deal on Monday to avert potentially steep duties on Mexican sugar imports to the United States in talks that went down to the last minute.
Plunging sugar prices have forced at least one Indian sugar mill to default on bank loans and could drive others to do the same, the latest sign of the heavy toll a four-year-old supply glut in the country is taking on producers of the sweetener.
The Syrian government cancelled its tender to buy white 276,000 tonnes of white sugar two times after receiving only one offer from international traders.
In order to attract foreign businesses, India removed a 10% levy in its sugar sector.
The decrease in demands for China was accounted for its slowing economic growth as Asian's coffee premiums remain at multi-month highs.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display