Belgian chemicals company Solvay SA has won a contract to provide plastic for Apple Inc's latest smartphone iPhone 6 handsets, Bloomberg said on Monday.
Brussels, Belgium-based chemical firm Solvay SA offered to buy Pennsylvania, US-based conductive polymer maker Plextronics Inc in a $32.6-million deal amid a Chapter 11 filing by the latter.
Argentina's stock regulator CNV on Friday rejected Braskem's $1.35 per share bid to buy roughly 30% of the shares of plastics maker Solvay Indupa that are traded on the Buenos Aires bourse. CNV said that the offer was below Solvay Indupa's book value of $2.81 per share as of September.
Braskem will acquire Argentine-Brazilian plastics maker Solvay Indupa for $290 million. It will buy 70.59% of Solvay Indupa by assuming its debt and through cash. Braskem will also purchase the remaining 29.41% of the company floated on the Buenos Aires bourse.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Avoid These Mistakes When Pitching to Venture Capitalists
- Arctic Bearz - A Unique NFT Linked With the Preservation of Polar Bears
- Non-fungible tokens: Multi Billion-dollar Industry beyond JPEGs
- Samurai Cats is the latest NFT project associated with art by Hiro Ando.
- Discover the VaaS Technology That Could Help to Keep Your Business Safe
- What are the Benefits of Running a Virtual/Hybrid Investor Event?
- 5 Tips On Managing Your Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms
- Top International Economic Events of the 21st Century