Google Capital, the late-stage growth venture capital fund supported by Alphabet Inc., has silently added the Snapchat parent company, Snap Inc. to its group of assets.
Snapchat business is new, still evolving and advertiser interest is also experimental. But the app service provider has recorded revenue of $100 million during October last year. The company has set goal for up to $350 million revenue during the current year.
Snapchat Inc. reported that its video views hit 7 billion per day on Monday. The mobile based social media company with just 100 million active users are expected to rival Facebook's daily video views anytime soon.
Yahoo Inc has bought Blink, a mobile messaging startup whose app lets users send messages that will self-destruct at a time set by the sender.
Messaging startup Snapchat has settled charges with U.S. regulators accusing it of deceiving consumers by promising that photos sent on its service disappeared forever after a certain period of time.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop