The labor market in Brazil, one of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) nations, is fast worsening owing to intensifying recession in the domestic economy. The unemployment rate rose to 7.6 percent from the record low of 4.3 percent at the end of 2014. Many industrial estates in Brazil are running down signaling next big crisis for the economy.
Azul SA, Brazil's third-biggest airline, revived plans for an initial public offering in Sao Paulo and New York as it prepared to add the first of 75 Airbus jets and to begin flights to the United States.
Sao Paulo, Brazil-based curated web platform Netshow.me closed an undisclosed amount in its seed funding round from Buscape co-founder Rodrigo Borges to offer online concert service for artists and musicians.
London, UK-based venture capital firm Amadeus Capital picked up an undisclosed stake in Sao Paulo, Brazil-based online insurance broker Bidu.com for $4.5 million to take advantage of the growth in emerging markets.
World Bank Group member International Finance Corporation (IFC) invested an undisclosed amount in US-based submarine fiber optic cable system developer and operator Seaborn Network Holdings LLC.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Fast-growing Small Business Industries in 2019
- 5 Must have Technologies for a Busy Office
- Why Email Marketing Isn’t a Bust
- Home Improvement Projects with the Best and Worst ROI, According to the Data
- Ford And Volkswagen Enter Self-Driving Car Joint Venture
- Three Take-Aways From A Clean Energy Venture Capitalist
- Toyota, Denso Form Venture To Create Advanced Chips For Self-Driving And Connected Cars
- Diversity In U.K. Venture Capital Firms Remains Shockingly Low