Due to a cyanide spill in a mine in Argentina, Canadian-owned Barrick Gold is facing a fine of $9.3 million imposed by the local government. Nine current and former employees are also being held as defendants over accusations of negligence that caused the spill.
The five-year restructuring plan proposed for ailing Caribbean island Puerto Rico has become a center of criticism from economists, who question that who shall benefit from this debt deal. Economists argue that the debt plan overstated the financial requirements of the island.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Find a Good Company to Sell Your Dental Scraps
- Hawkers Named One of the "Best Brands" by Australian Website, Alejandro Betancourt Lopez Talks Strategy
- Options Trading: Getting Started With Trading Options
- Holiday Home Safety: Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe During this Holiday Season
- How to Choose a Reinforcement Material in Composite Manufacturing
- Quick Guide to Meet HIPAA Fax Requirements
- 9 Tips to Improve Your Financial Health
- Practical Tips for all the New Bitcoin Traders