Samsonite saw strong sales in Asia, particularly China, in 2015. The company is not sure about 2016 outlook due to potential challenges, as it moves forward to boost presence in Asian markets.
It was agreed that Samsonite is to acquire luggage-manufacturer rival Tumi for about $1.8 billion. Samsonite has long been interested in Tumi and its acquisition is considered the biggest deal made by Samsonite.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop