A relocation deal had been struck between Australia and the United States for immigrants being detained in offshore jails after trying to enter the state by boat.
Immigrants who are currently traveling in the seas to Australia or still planning to do so must reconsider to return to their home lands and not to continue their precarious journey.
Turkish government officials acknowledged that the influx of Syrian refugees to the country has contributed in boosting the economy. Turkey’s economic growth has seen an unexpected growth in the third quarter, even as some economic aspects suffered and strained from the flow of migrants.
President Obama's plan to stall the growing migration crisis has culminated into a global fund of $70 million, to help refugees find a home in the United States, or anywhere in the world. A new cap of 1,00,000 refugees per year from 70,000 goes to indicate the gravity of the situation.
This week, a surprising airline news claims that Airbus has expressed its interest in hiring newly arrived refugees in Germany. According to Airbus CEO, Tom Enders the refugees could work in the airline's facilities for a different wage rate.
With the hordes of refugees crossing its borders, Sweden needs extra $7 billion in 2016 and $8.2 billion every year until 2019 to provide for the needs of the people seeking asylum in the country.
Technology experts gathered in a one-day conference to tackle how they could help European refugees. They created an open office for all techies who wanted to help.
At a time when anti-immigration groups in Germany are raising voices against the influx of immigrants in big numbers, the debate on whether immigrants would be a burden or beneficial on the economy remains vibrant.
Naguib Sawiris, the third richest man in Egypt announced he wants to buy an island either in Greece or Italy to relocate refugees from the war zone, Syria. He wants to name it 'Ilan' to remember Aylan Kurdi, the Syrian boy drowned on Turkish shore.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Uber Shares Jump After the Ride-Hailing Company Picked to Join the S&P 500 Index
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program