It's no longer unusual if you see working mothers in the office, streets, or restaurants. With the high cost of living, children's education, and bills to pay, couples should help each other to make both ends meet.
Jessica Alba's The Honest Company will offer paid parental leave starting next year. Mothers would be entitled to 16 weeks maternity leave and fathers could access leave for 8 weeks. Paternity leave also comes with another 8-week extension without pay.
Blake Mycoskie, CEO and founder of Toms Shoes, surprised his colleagues and employees when he said he was taking a 12-week paternity leave after his son was born. Mycoskie was unlike other new dads who would hesitate in taking time off because he wanted to spend some time with his newborn son. He also wanted to be a good example to his employees.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop