Royal Dutch Shell is reportedly seeking buyers for its North Sea assets following the merger with BG. The oil company intends to raise $30 billion from the sale of its global assets in order to balance the BG merger expenses.
Imperial Oil has entered into an agreement to sell its 497 Esso retail fuel stations for about C$2.8 billion. This transaction reflects the company's aim to widen its refining and oil sands businesses.
Premier Oil posted a widened loss in the year 2015 amid lower oil price. The firm also urged the government to promote infrastructure policies in the North Sea to lure investment.
Angola would be imposing a 10% tax on oil firms operating in the country.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Spotify to Lay Off 17% of Its Workforce — Here’s What CEO Daniel Ek Has to Say
- Gold Price Hits New Record High; Bitcoin Value Also Surges
- This Crypto Blockchain Emerges as Preferred Platform by Terrorist Groups Like Hamas and Hezbollah
- US to Prevent China From Supplying Battery Materials for EVs Set to Receive Billions in Tax Credits
- Beyond Profits: A Look Into Trevor & Greg's Serviced Accommodation Mentorship Program
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Despite AI Hype, New Data Shows Only Few US Companies Are Actually Using It