CK Hutchison promise to extend coverage in the UK. European Commission are currently investigating whether to approve the acquisition or not.
Europe's major antitrust regulator has opened an "in-depth investigation" on Hutchison's $14 billion acquisition of Telefonica UK's O2 operations. According to The Wall Street Journal, top European Union officials have been warning that mobile-phone mergers in concentrated markets can lead to higher prices and less options for consumers.
Spain's Telefonica (TEF.MC) said it had finalised a deal to sell its British mobile business O2 to Li Ka-shing's Hutchison Whampoa (0013.HK) for 10.25 billion pounds ($15.2 billion), confirming details announced earlier this year.
Hutchison Whampoa Ltd (0013.HK) is expected to finalize a deal to buy Telefonica SA's (TEF.MC) British mobile unit O2 for 10.5 billion pounds ($15.70 billion) as early as Tuesday morning, the Financial Times reported.
Hutchison Whampoa (0013.HK), owner of Britain's fourth-largest mobile operator Three, is in talks with Telefonica (TEF.MC) about buying its O2 network, the Sunday Times reported, citing unnamed city sources.
Cupertino, US-based electronics giant Apple started selling the 8GB version of iPhone 5C in Apple stores in the UK at £40 less than the original cost to make up for the low sales of the said device.
Two more operators join the 4G race in Britain as it jumps into the superfast mobile top division.
Vodafone would start providing a 4G mobile services for its customers in London this month.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Founder of Globetrotters, Niranjan Shah, on His Background, Success Story, and Philosophy of Getting Ahead
- 3 Scenarios Lear Capital Founder Kevin DeMeritt Says Precious Metals Could Protect Against
- Tips To Increase Your Appointment Setting Conversion Rate in 2022 According to Bruntwork
- Amazon FBA, Shipping, Receiving: Kitting and Assembly Solutions Keeps it All Signed, Sealed and Delivered for a Global Marketplace On the Go
- Investor Brian Condenanza On The Future of Fintech Investing
- What You Need to Know About Business Litigation Law
- Amer Deeba on Cybersecurity and His New Company Normalyze
- The Ultimate Guide to an Employee’s Net Pay