Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc (VRX.TO) is abandoning its growth-by-acquisitions strategy for the time being to try to reduce debt, boost its stock price and one day return to its traditional deal-making in a stronger position, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Drugmakers Abbott Laboratories (ABT.N) and Mylan Inc (MYL.O) on Wednesday declined to explain in detail why they changed the terms of a $5.3 billion deal in which Mylan will buy part of Abbott's overseas generics business and reincorporate for tax purposes in the Netherlands.
Mylan’s acquisition of a unit at Strides Arcolab Ltd announced July 8 was deferred by Indian regulators.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display