Some of the best-known technology investors are looking beyond their tried-and-true Internet plays to bet on healthcare data as the next growth market.
Celesio's supervisory and management board on Wednesday recommended shareholders to approve the $8.3 billion buyout offer from US drug distributor McKesson Corp. Elliott Management Corp, one of Celesio's shareholders, earlier refused McKesson's offer.
The approval for a bridge loan was given to McKesson to facilitate its acquisition of Celesio AG.
As reported by Dow Jones, Celesio shares increase after McKesson interest in buyout becomes public.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Alibaba Co-Founder Jack Ma, the Chinese Tech's Poster Boy, Moves Into Food Business
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Spirit Airlines Offers Early Departure Packages to Salaried Employees: Here's Why
- SoFI Is Exiting the Crypto World — Here Are the 3 Best Alternatives for Trading Crypto
- General Motors Stock Jumps 10% as the Automaker Announces $10 Billion Buyback, Dividend Hike