The first case of ransomware malware in Apple’s OS X was reported last week, via an infected BitTorrent client app, Transmission. Both Transmission and Apple has responded to that threat and prevent further infections.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation has taken down an alleged major hacker's forum on the Internet. This was announced by the agency through the webpage of the US Department of Justice's Office of Public Affairs.
Internet and network security provider Check Point Software Technologies has bought Israeli start-up Hyperwise, saying it will help it compete in the fast growing cyber security market.
Cybersecurity researchers have uncovered a computer virus that spies on Apple Inc's iOS operating system for the iPhone and iPad, and they believe it is targeting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.
Supermarket chain Supervalu Inc(SVU.N) reported on Monday a second attack against its payment systems barely two months after it said it was investigating a potential data breach.
Hackers have begun exploiting the newly identified "Shellshock" computer bug, using fast-moving worm viruses to scan for vulnerable systems and then infect them, researchers warned on Thursday.
Home Depot Inc (HD.N) Thursday said some 56 million payment cards were likely compromised in a cyberattack at its stores, suggesting the hacking attack at the home improvement chain was larger than last year's unprecedented breach at Target Corp (TGT.N).
Seculert's anti-malware technology raised US$10M from series B round.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Here's Why MyCutTV Is Now The Top App For Nonprofits To Raise Money In 2021
- Alexander Payne Discusses the Actors He Hopes to Direct in Future Films
- How to Start a Delivery Kitchen in 2021
- Using Crypto Trading Bots to Earn Passive Income
- Are There Limitations on What International Freight Forwarders Are Able to Transport?
- Reed Louis Jeune Discusses Becoming a Young Entrepreneur
- Jason Hughes, San Diego-Based CEO on the Secrets To Accomplishing Company Goals
- No One Business Is Absolved From Regulatory Control - But The Climate Continues To Confuse