Federally backed $2.2 billion solar plant in California may be forced to close. The solar plant failed to supply electricity to Pacific Gas and Electric Co as promised.
Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System, the biggest solar thermal power plant in the world, opened in the Mojave Desert on Thursday with the help of the technology provided by BrightSource Energy and the $1.6 billion loan guarantee from the Department of Energy.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Global Migration Insights: Fahd Haque's Call for Compassion in U.S. Immigration Law
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Unifying the Digital Landscape: Cardware's End-to-End Platform for Modern Content Management
- Shein Files for US IPO as Chinese-Founded Fashion Giant Seeks to Expand Global Reach