Hawaii lawmakers are seeking to pass the bill on ivory trade ban. Thousands of African elephants and rhinoceros are being slaughtered because of their tusks and horns. Smugglers see Hawaii as their gateway to Asia to market illegal ivory and if left unregulated, the state would become the largest illegal ivory market.
The Philippine government has assigned the PCGG to recover ill-gotten wealth of former dictator President Marcos. The commission has announced on Friday exhibition and auction of a jewelry collection allegedly owned by Marcos and family. PCGG has revealed that the collection to be offered for auction has been appraised for at least ₱1 billion ($21 Million).
Alexander & Baldwin Inc., the last sugar plantation Hawaii, will stop producing sugar by the end of 2016, ending an important industry to the island’s economy.
SunEdison Inc., a solar company announced Monday about its plans to optimize its business operations and increase cash flow. This move will include layoffs, according to an internal company memo.
Cambridge, Massachusetts-based clean tech firm Ambri Inc raised $15 million in a new funding round from KLP Enterprise, Building Insurance Bern, and other investors to find a way to store renewable energy for grid operators.
Ohio, US-based investment firm Rockbridge Partners purchased Honolulu, Hawaii-based Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel for an undisclosed amount to mark the company's 330th investment in the hotel sector.
Energy Excelerator, a new startup program in Hawaii, poured USD5 million into 15 innovative firms for the development of clean energy.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Lance Armstrong's Next Ventures Raises $24.5 Million Of Expected $75 Million Fundraise
- Implied SPDR S&P MIDCAP 400 ETF Analyst Target Price: $389
- What This Centi-Billionaire Fashion Magnate Can Teach You About Investing
- ADP vs. Paychex: Comparing Key Metrics For The Two Largest Payroll Processing Companies
- After Energy Sector Earnings Plunge In Q1, Hopes Rise For Improved Q2 Performance
- Are Strong Jobs Really Bad For Stocks?
- 4 Price Charts You Should See: Bank Stocks Are Showing Relative Weakness
- Citigroup's $21.5-Billion Capital Return Plan For 2019 Is Slightly Lower Than Its 2018 Plan