The organizers for Boston's campaign to host the 2024 Olympic Games on Monday said they would not make a final bid to the International Olympic Committee unless a majority of Massachusetts residents support the idea.
Courts in Berlin and Hamburg upheld bans on online transportation service Uber on Friday, saying the company did not comply with German laws on the carriage of passengers.
Berlin has banned car service Uber, which allows users to summon a ride on their smartphone, for not offering drivers and vehicles licensed to carry passengers, or full insurance cover, the German capital said.
Hapag-Lloyd AG has agreed to buy Cia. Sud Americana de Vapores SA in a deal that would create the fourth biggest shipping firm in the world.
Berlin, Germany-based car sharing startup CiteeCar landed $10 million in its Series A funding round led by Mangrove Capital Expansion to expand in Germany and in selected international cities.
New York, US-based scrap metal processor and recycler Upstate Shredding snapped up Irving-based rival Brant Auto Parts for an undisclosed amount in an all-cash deal.
Hamburg, Germany-based credit and loans startup Kreditech bagged $15 million in debt funding from Kreos Capital to finance consumer lending and expansion in Europe, Oceania, and Latin America.
Hamburg, Germany-based publishing group Spiegel.net has partnered with accelerator XLHealth to acquire a 25% stake in Berlin-based brain-training startup NeuroNation for an unconfirmed seven-figure sum.
Vattenfall Europe AG will be selling back to Hamburg the 74.9% stake it holds in the city's power grid operator after the citizens agreed on a repurchase, a Bloomberg report said.
Hamburg-based mobile developing firm Fishlabs has been bought by publisher Koch Media, and its co-founders Michael Schade and Christian Lohr are set to leave the firm.
ECWA mergers to pay debt caused WNY water bills increase.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value