A two-day policy meeting of US Federal Reserve will conclude on Wednesday. US Fed Chair Janet Yellen is expected to keep short-term interest rate unchanged for now and may go for a hike in June.
The world's second largest economy will lower threshold for foreign investments in 2016. The Commerce Ministry of China has confirmed that the government is in the process of lowering the limit on foreign investment for 2016 year. China recorded 6.4 percent growth in foreign direct investment during 2015.
Led by new President Mauricio Macri, economy recovery in Argentina is anticipated during 2016. Argentina registered $3 billion trade deficit for 2015. Exports too fell over 50 percent during 2015.
The venture capital (VC) inflows into Chinese economy grew 25 percent in 2015. The US and China ranked at first and second slots respectively in mobilizing the venture capital funds. The VC investors are choosier and cautious in selecting the startups amid economy slowdown.
US Treasuries dropped for the first time in seven days as China concerns eased. The unexpected depreciation of Yuan by China's central bank sent shock waves across the global markets. This triggered selloff in equities and forced investors towards safe havens such as treasuries and gold.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Al Humaidi Family of Kuwait: An Entrepreneurial Family to Watch
- History of Changing the Treatment of Diseases With the Help of Biomedicine.
- UN Ambassador & Forbes Honoree Chrissybil Boulin is Transforming Education
- How To Get An Automotive Investment Deal From Venture Capitalists
- Avoid These Mistakes When Pitching to Venture Capitalists
- Arctic Bearz - A Unique NFT Linked With the Preservation of Polar Bears
- Non-fungible tokens: Multi Billion-dollar Industry beyond JPEGs
- Samurai Cats is the latest NFT project associated with art by Hiro Ando.