Terming the daily fantasy sports as illegal gambling, the New York Attorney General has filed a lawsuit against DraftKings and FanDuel. While the lawsuit proceeds in its own pace, banking giant Citigroup has imposed a ban on transactions to the DFS sites by the New Yorkers. Some US states express reluctance while some declare the sites as legal.
Boston-based daily fantasy sports online game DraftKings closed USD24 million in a recent funding round led by Redpoint Ventures for its marketing, acquisition, and expansion activities.
DraftKings, an online fantasy sports startup, has closed a seed round of $1.4 million in a round led by Atlas Venture
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Amazon Removes Venmo as Payment Method, Causing PayPal Shares to Drop
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- AMD Shares Rise After it Unveils New AI Chips to Compete with Nvidia
- Elon Musk Trashes Bob Iger, Says Disney CEO Should Be 'Fired Immediately'
- Uber Shares Jump After the Ride-Hailing Company Picked to Join the S&P 500 Index
- McDonald's First CosMc’s Spinoff Restaurant to Open This Week in Illinois
- Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell Downplays Rate Cut Talk, Says More Rate Hikes Still Possible
- Saudi Arabia Offers 30-Year Tax Exemption Package for Foreign Companies