Internet television startup service Pluto TV has announced that Ken Parks, former content chief of the streaming music service Spotify, is joining the company as executive chairman in October of this year.
Playing down the threat to his business from the world's most valuable company, the founder of music streaming service Spotify said the industry was big enough for several players and his firm did not have to be number one.
Sydney, Australia-based music streaming firm Spotify snapped up Somerville, US-based music discovery engine The Echo Nest for an undisclosed amount to create an improved music discovery service for its clients.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Find a Good Company to Sell Your Dental Scraps
- Hawkers Named One of the "Best Brands" by Australian Website, Alejandro Betancourt Lopez Talks Strategy
- Options Trading: Getting Started With Trading Options
- Holiday Home Safety: Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe During this Holiday Season
- How to Choose a Reinforcement Material in Composite Manufacturing
- Quick Guide to Meet HIPAA Fax Requirements
- 9 Tips to Improve Your Financial Health
- Practical Tips for all the New Bitcoin Traders