U.S. healthcare group Danaher Corp (DHR.N) is to buy Nobel Biocare Holding AG (NOBN.S) for an agreed $2.2 billion to become the world's biggest player in a dental implants market benefiting from growing demand for cosmetic dentistry.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Wednesday including Sinopec, Apache, AMR, US Airways, Deutsche Bank, EDF, Oxford, Andor, Bank Zachodni WBK, Shuanghui, Campofrio, OCZ, Toshiba and CVS Caremark.
Only three potential buyers from at least five who expressed initial interest were left to bid for the Ortho Clinical Diagnostics business of healthcare firm Johnson & Johnson, according to sources interviewed by Bloomberg.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Alibaba Co-Founder Jack Ma, the Chinese Tech's Poster Boy, Moves Into Food Business
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Spirit Airlines Offers Early Departure Packages to Salaried Employees: Here's Why
- SoFI Is Exiting the Crypto World — Here Are the 3 Best Alternatives for Trading Crypto
- General Motors Stock Jumps 10% as the Automaker Announces $10 Billion Buyback, Dividend Hike