Exxon Mobil Corp will pay $10.75 million to New York State reimbursing costs on oil spill cleanup. The payment will cover New York Environmental Protection and Spill Compensation fund's costs.
Due to a cyanide spill in a mine in Argentina, Canadian-owned Barrick Gold is facing a fine of $9.3 million imposed by the local government. Nine current and former employees are also being held as defendants over accusations of negligence that caused the spill.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Warren Buffett's Trusted Associate Charlie Munger Dies at 99: What's Next for Berkshire Hathaway?
- Mark Cuban to Sell Majority Stake of Dallas Mavericks to Sands Casino Family for $3.5 Billion
- Personal Finance 101: Types of Personal Bank Accounts
- Amazon Introduces an AI Chatbot for Businessess Called Q
- Global Migration Insights: Fahd Haque's Call for Compassion in U.S. Immigration Law
- Joe Biden Slams Corporations Over Soaring Consumer Prices, Says 'It’s Time to Stop the Price-Gouging'
- Unifying the Digital Landscape: Cardware's End-to-End Platform for Modern Content Management
- US Chip Export Ban Is Taking a Toll on Chinese AI Startups