Target Corp (TGT.N) on Wednesday reported a larger-than-expected increase in first-quarter profit as revenues got a boost from online sales and a program to narrow its product focus.
Shake Shack Inc (SHAK.N) forecast slowing same-restaurant sales growth in 2015 and swung to a loss in the fourth quarter, helping to send the hamburger chain's shares down as much as 9 percent after its first quarterly report as a public company.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Vladimir Putin: Russia Becoming 'New Global Growth Center' Despite Western Isolation
- Investing Experts Say Now Is the Best Time to Invest in Small- and Midsize-Company Stocks — Here's Why
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic
- Swiss Bank Banque Pictet Admits to Conspiring With US Taxpayers to Hide Over $5.6 Billion From IRS
- Elon Musk's AI Startup X.AI Seeks to Raise $1 Billion From Equity Investors
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- Apple's Market Cap Climbs Back Above $3 Trillion for the First Time Since August
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks