Top U.S. hedge fund management firms, including Leon Cooperman's Omega Advisors and Philippe Laffont's Coatue Management, continued to reduce or slash stakes altogether in Apple Inc (AAPL.O) during the first quarter, as shares of the iPhone maker rallied.
Top U.S. hedge fund management firms, including David Einhorn's Greenlight Capital and Philippe Laffont's Coatue Management, reduced their stakes in Apple Inc during the fourth quarter, ahead of the iPhone maker's strong rally in 2015, according to regulatory filings.
Performance-management company Anaplan has raised $100 million in fresh capital, it said Tuesday, joining a growing roster of enterprise companies winning private funding even as that sector wilts in the public markets.
An increasing number of hedge funds like Coatue Management are looking for opportunities to invest in the private markets, pouring money in technology startups, TechCrunch reported.
A spokesman for Snapchat confirmed to VentureBeat that the $50 million in funding raised by the startup was provided by a single investor, and that is Coatue Management.
‘Tiger cub’ Laffont was bullish on content but not Apple.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Find a Good Company to Sell Your Dental Scraps
- Hawkers Named One of the "Best Brands" by Australian Website, Alejandro Betancourt Lopez Talks Strategy
- Options Trading: Getting Started With Trading Options
- Holiday Home Safety: Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe During this Holiday Season
- How to Choose a Reinforcement Material in Composite Manufacturing
- Quick Guide to Meet HIPAA Fax Requirements
- 9 Tips to Improve Your Financial Health
- Practical Tips for all the New Bitcoin Traders