U.S. stocks ended slightly lower on Thursday after European Central Bank President Mario Draghi brushed off pressure for more immediate monetary policy action but said the issue would be addressed early next year.
Barnes & Noble Inc secured a conditional acquisition offer of $22 per share from investment management firm G Asset Management, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported on Wednesday, including Fortum, National Vision, Saipem, CTT, MTS, Southern Pacific, Warrnambool, Verbund, Bakkafrost, Popular and Marathon Oil.
American book chain Barnes & Noble made public an on-going US Securities and Exchange Commission investigation on its accounting practices. Barnes & Noble recently restated its earnings for fiscal year 2011 and 2012.
Barnes & Noble's sales weakened after CEO Leonard Riggio cancelled his offer to purchase stores.
Leonard Riggio suspended his planned bid for Barnes & Noble Inc.'s retail businesses amid the firm's accelerating losses.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How To Get An Automotive Investment Deal From Venture Capitalists
- Avoid These Mistakes When Pitching to Venture Capitalists
- Arctic Bearz - A Unique NFT Linked With the Preservation of Polar Bears
- Non-fungible tokens: Multi Billion-dollar Industry beyond JPEGs
- Samurai Cats is the latest NFT project associated with art by Hiro Ando.
- Discover the VaaS Technology That Could Help to Keep Your Business Safe
- What are the Benefits of Running a Virtual/Hybrid Investor Event?
- 5 Tips On Managing Your Addiction Withdrawal Symptoms