Activist hedge fund ValueAct Capital disclosed a 5.1 percent stake in Baker Hughes Inc (BHI.N), the world's No. 3 oilfield services company that has agreed to be bought by bigger rival Halliburton Co (HAL.N) for $35 billion in cash and stock.
New oil and gas well permits issued across the United States rose slightly in December and surged 72 percent in Colorado and Wyoming after falling sharply in November on tumbling crude prices.
Plunging oil prices sparked a drop of almost 40 percent in new well permits issued across the United States in November, in a sudden pause in the growth of the U.S. shale oil and gas boom that started around 2007.
Halliburton Co (HAL.N) will buy Baker Hughes Inc (BHI.N) for about $35 billion in cash and stock, creating an oilfield services behemoth to take on market leader Schlumberger NV (SLB.N) as falling oil prices threaten to erode demand.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display