After leaving digital news publication AllThingsD with owner News Corp, editors and founders Kara Swisher and Walt Mossberg are focused on building its newest online news site venture called Re/code.
American software giant Oracle said today that it will acquire email marketing firm Responsys in a deal valued at $1.5 billion, to combine it with recent acquisition Eloqua.
Sweden-based online payments company Klarna has bought Germany-based firm SOFORT in an acquisition deal valued at $150 million to become one of Europe's biggest independent payments alternative.
San Francisco-based motivational startup Pact has raised $1.55 million in a recent funding round to develop its mobile apps that help users hit health goals through monetary stakes.
NBC Universal has agreed to buy a minority stake in tech-news site AllThingdD, which is set to be renamed "Revere Digital" this month, according to a Bloomberg report.
Los Angeles-based media platform company The Chernin Group (TCG) acquired a majority stake in anime video distribution firm Crunchyroll, giving Peter Chernin's company one of the world's largest streaming websites.
NBC Universal is close to getting a minority stake in a new company being formed by technology journalists Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher whom runs AllThingsD from sources whom are familiar with the situation.
US-based education startup Coursera added another USD20 million to its USD43 million Series B funding, bringing in a total of USD63 million for the round.
Coupon website LivingSocial offered a 25% discount on selected deals for its US and Canadian clients following a rare 40-hour outage that crippled its website, apps, and merchant center.
The LivingSocial website and mobile apps went down and have not been back up since Tuesday 2:45 pm ET, but the site said this outage was not caused by a malicious attack.
AllThingsD reported Google Inc is currently having talks with the National Footbal League to acquire the rights to NFL's Sunday Ticket service presently owned by DirecTV.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Biden Under Scrutiny for Supplying Tank Shells to Israel Without Congress' Approval
- Wall Street Experts See Solid Potential in These 3 Stocks
- Dr. Stuart Lutton & New Life Teeth Clinic: Leading the Way with Zirconia Dental Implants
- Maximizing Social Security Retirement Benefits: Experts Reveal Strategies to Get Bigger Monthly Checks
- US Economy Is Still Robust With Labor Market Adding 199,000 Jobs in November
- Nurp: Unleashing Financial Growth Through a Unique Lifestyle Philosophy
- Why Billionaire Tech Leader Romesh Wadhwani Is Investing $1 Billion on AI's Future
- JPMorgan Chase Gives Gloomy Outlook, Says 99% of Americans Will Be Worse off Financially in 2024 Than Pre-Pandemic