Allowing proxy access, Yahoo Inc has revised its bylaws. It'll also enable long-time shareholders to nominate candidates at board on ballots. The new bylaws will come into force after 2016 annual general meeting (AGM) scheduled in June or July.
With its 25.2% gain, activist investor Daniel Loeb's Third Point beat rivals in 2013, Reuters reported. Loeb's hedge fund stayed in line with the Standard & Poor's 500 Index which rose 29.6% in the same period.
Bloomberg said in its report that nutrition company Herbalife Ltd attempted to destroy activist investor Bill Ackman's credibility after the latter claimed that the former is running a pyramid scheme.
Tobias Meyer, Sotheby's chief auctioneer, left the auction house prior to his end of contract a week after spearheading the company's biggest sale, which was Andy Warhol's "Silver Car Crash" for USD104.5 million.
Canadian restaurant chain, Tim Hortons faces another pressure from activist investor, Scout Capital Management after its announced stake increase in the company by 5.5% from the previous 1.5% as of the end of March.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Buy OUKITEL U23 at Unmissable Price on DealExtreme, Only $169.99 for a 6.18 Inch 6GB RAM Phone
- OUKITEL is Releasing a New 10000mAh Battery Smartphone K12 With Waterdrop Design
- 3 Easy Ways To Minimize Costs For Mother Of The Bride And Groom Outfits
- Large Display and Big battery, OUKITEL Introduces 3 Big Battery Smartphones on Global Sources Electronics Exhibition
- Top 5 Tips For Trading Oil
- Important SEO Concepts to Appreciate for 2019
- Accessories and equipment for emergency situations
- OUKITEL K9 Official Release: Built for Video & Games with 6000mAh battery and 7.12 inch Big Display