Though usually considered only when convenient for consumers in the US, the 7-Eleven franchise in Asia has become a different company, selling varieties of snacks and services to its varied customers across Asia.
The US activist investor Daniel Loeb has bought a stake in a Japanese retailer Seven & I Holdings. Though the details about stake and valuation are not revealed, Loeb-run hedge fund Third Point is believed to have acquired stake below five percent. After the sale, the Japanese retailer is expected to take up restructuring exercise enhance profitability, reducing underperforming merchandise stores. Seven & I Holdings operates over 18,000 outlets under the brand 7-Eleven across Japan. Seven & I has decided to shut about 40 unprofitable Ito Yodado stores in the next five years.
Canada's Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc (ATDb.TO) will buy smaller U.S. rival Pantry Inc (PTRY.O) for about $861 million, a deal that positions it as one of the top convenience store operators in North America.
Dallas-based TI and 7-Eleven executives attended a forum in the Southern Methodist University where corporate venture capital was discussed.
Hon Hai signed a sales partnership deal with the convenience stores of 7-Eleven in Taiwan to expand its television enterprise.
The users of Instagram complained about a hack that posted photos of smoothies and fruits to their accounts.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- How to Protect Yourself from Check Fraud: Tips and Best Practices
- Mobi: Empowering Consumer Product Companies with Real-time Sales Data
- Exploring the Future of Economic Growth: The Top 5 Special Economic Zones to Watch in 2023
- David Tomassoni (Salvaje): How the Hospitality Industry has Rebounded in the Post-Pandemic World
- How Test Automation Tools are Revolutionizing the Software Development Process
- From Shark Tank to Main Street: Kevin Harrington’s New Fintech Platform is Making Investing in Small Businesses Easier Than Ever
- Meet Kelcy Warren: The CEO Behind Energy Transfer
- World TradeX Creates Nft'S And Digital Coins With Intrinsic Value