Waltham, Massachusetts-based data security firm Verdasys landed $12 million in a new venture round for its market and product expansion as it named former McAfee executive Kenneth Levine as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
David Goel, the manager of Waltham, Massachusetts-based hedge fund Matrix Capital Management, bought a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan fro Charles Bronfman, the heir of Canadian beverage firm Seagram Co, in a deal valued $19 million.
Waltham, US-based venture capital fund Matrix Partners invested an undisclosed amount in Chennai, India-based micro and small business financing firm Five Star Business Credits Ltd (FSBC).
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- LG Electronics says no overheating issue with new Qualcomm processor
- Gates foundation sees huge gains against disease, poverty by 2030
- FCC fines Viacom, ESPN for misusing emergency alerts in movie promo
- Philippines' Jollibee says keen to buy a $1 billion U.S. fast food firm
- Gates sees 'miracle' tools for AIDS by 2030 in vaccine and drugs
- Germany's defense minister criticizes Airbus over new A400M delays
- Wal-Mart launches in-store tax refunds
- Low pay, few jobs cost women in poor countries $9 trillion a year: charity