Waltham, Massachusetts-based data security firm Verdasys landed $12 million in a new venture round for its market and product expansion as it named former McAfee executive Kenneth Levine as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
David Goel, the manager of Waltham, Massachusetts-based hedge fund Matrix Capital Management, bought a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan fro Charles Bronfman, the heir of Canadian beverage firm Seagram Co, in a deal valued $19 million.
Waltham, US-based venture capital fund Matrix Partners invested an undisclosed amount in Chennai, India-based micro and small business financing firm Five Star Business Credits Ltd (FSBC).
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Countries engaging in currency wars?
- Behind Black Friday's giant, cheap TV deals
- Saudi, Russia pre-OPEC talks yield no oil output cut
- Falling inflation a worry for Europe but also the world
- In wake of China rejections, GMO seed makers limit U.S. launches
- U.S. buyout firm Carlyle enters South Africa with tyre deal
- NSA chief warns Chinese cyber attacks could shut U.S. infrastructure
- Falling oil prices influencing global monetary policies