Waltham, Massachusetts-based data security firm Verdasys landed $12 million in a new venture round for its market and product expansion as it named former McAfee executive Kenneth Levine as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
David Goel, the manager of Waltham, Massachusetts-based hedge fund Matrix Capital Management, bought a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan fro Charles Bronfman, the heir of Canadian beverage firm Seagram Co, in a deal valued $19 million.
Waltham, US-based venture capital fund Matrix Partners invested an undisclosed amount in Chennai, India-based micro and small business financing firm Five Star Business Credits Ltd (FSBC).
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Swatch Group denies working with Apple on smartwatch
- Amazon's losses widen, shares drop
- In China, Apple's focus pays off while Samsung feels squeeze
- Facebook goes express to mega-cap status - now valued more than AT&T, Coke
- ECB says website hacked, no sensitive data affecte
- EU reaches preliminary deal on Russia economic sanctions
- Apple margin concerns fade, focus shifts to iPhone launch
- U.S. durable goods orders rebound, core capital goods rise