Waltham, Massachusetts-based data security firm Verdasys landed $12 million in a new venture round for its market and product expansion as it named former McAfee executive Kenneth Levine as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
David Goel, the manager of Waltham, Massachusetts-based hedge fund Matrix Capital Management, bought a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan fro Charles Bronfman, the heir of Canadian beverage firm Seagram Co, in a deal valued $19 million.
Waltham, US-based venture capital fund Matrix Partners invested an undisclosed amount in Chennai, India-based micro and small business financing firm Five Star Business Credits Ltd (FSBC).
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Coca-Cola to buy 29 percent stake in Indonesian unit for $500 million
- Japan's Rakuten Inc launches cheap smartphone service
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Samsung Electronics third-quarter operating profit down 60.1 percent on year
- Investor to object to proposed $4.5 billion JPMorgan settlement
- Fiat Chrysler to spin off Ferrari, issue $2.5 billion convertible bond
- At Brazil auto show, industry wonders if it can get any worse
- Twitter users and engagement disappoint, shares dive