Waltham, Massachusetts-based data security firm Verdasys landed $12 million in a new venture round for its market and product expansion as it named former McAfee executive Kenneth Levine as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
David Goel, the manager of Waltham, Massachusetts-based hedge fund Matrix Capital Management, bought a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan fro Charles Bronfman, the heir of Canadian beverage firm Seagram Co, in a deal valued $19 million.
Waltham, US-based venture capital fund Matrix Partners invested an undisclosed amount in Chennai, India-based micro and small business financing firm Five Star Business Credits Ltd (FSBC).
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Russia waits in wings as Greek debt crisis deepens
- China brokerages pledge to buy $19.3 billion in shares to steady plunging market
- Heinz completes Kraft purchase, Buffett joins board
- U.S. pushes China on ivory trade, wildlife NGOs
- China market meddling risks denting Beijing's international ambitions
- JetBlue launches New York-to-Havana charter flights
- Japan pledges $6 billion to Mekong nations as China prepares new bank
- China curbs IPOs, enlists brokers in all-out bid to end market rout