Waltham, Massachusetts-based data security firm Verdasys landed $12 million in a new venture round for its market and product expansion as it named former McAfee executive Kenneth Levine as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
David Goel, the manager of Waltham, Massachusetts-based hedge fund Matrix Capital Management, bought a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan fro Charles Bronfman, the heir of Canadian beverage firm Seagram Co, in a deal valued $19 million.
Waltham, US-based venture capital fund Matrix Partners invested an undisclosed amount in Chennai, India-based micro and small business financing firm Five Star Business Credits Ltd (FSBC).
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Sony hacking highlights challenge to CEO Hirai's 'One Sony' vision
- As Qualcomm decision looms, U.S. presses China on antitrust policy
- Chinese developer Dalian Wanda seen pricing HK IPO in top half-IFR
- Sony Pictures warns staff on fraudsters misusing stolen data
- China says U.S. appropriations bill violates rules, sends bad signal
- Energy, tech shares lead Wall Street higher at open
- World set to end year in brittle economic state
- Obama says he'll sign government spending bill passed by Congress