Waltham, Massachusetts-based data security firm Verdasys landed $12 million in a new venture round for its market and product expansion as it named former McAfee executive Kenneth Levine as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
David Goel, the manager of Waltham, Massachusetts-based hedge fund Matrix Capital Management, bought a three-bedroom apartment in Manhattan fro Charles Bronfman, the heir of Canadian beverage firm Seagram Co, in a deal valued $19 million.
Waltham, US-based venture capital fund Matrix Partners invested an undisclosed amount in Chennai, India-based micro and small business financing firm Five Star Business Credits Ltd (FSBC).
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- The Internet of Things is worth $7T market opportunity - IDC
- Foxconn Technology denies termination of $1B investment in Indonesia
- Greece elections: Clear mandate holds the key on $96-bn bailout package
- Floyd Mayweather’s latest car costs only $4.8M
- Schlumberger announces merger offer with oilfield maker Cameron
- Toms Shoes CEO takes 12-week paternity leave; applauded by employees
- Keep calm: Intelligent Energy can make iPhone batteries last for a week
- Teen retailer Forever 21 turns to outside investors for $150M loan