Goldman Sachs found its pre-kindergarten program in Salt Lake City had worked for both sides: the state, and the company itself. The program was conducted by Utah Voices for Children and was set to expand the spots in the program for 600 children. All of the children involved in the program were from low-income families, and 110 were expected to need special education in elementary school.
Jackson, Mississippi-based fresh eggs producer and distributor Cal-Maine Foods agreed to acquire the remaining 50% of the remaining interests in Utah-based Delta Egg Farms from Iowa-based Sunbest Foods for a total of $17 million.
San Diego, US-based software investor JMI Equity led a $38-million Series D venture capital round for the expansion and development of Utah-based work flow management software company AtTask.
Brent Williams, the chief executive officer (CEO) and president of Salt Lake City, Utah-based dental administrator Dental Select, has acquired all of the remaining shareholder stock in the firm for an undisclosed amount.
Utah-based travel management firm Christopherson Business Travel bought Alabama-based travel agency All Seasons Travel for an undisclosed sum to form one of the biggest travel firms in the US.
In its first-ever acquisition, Seattle-based online dating site LikeBright picked up Utah-based matchmaking software firm MatchMate and is now embarking on a $1 million fundraising round.
TV discovery startup i.TV has bought the newly funded GetGlue as a companion TV app.
Eight nationally-run parks in Utah would reopen by Saturday using state funds.
Three mines owned by Arch Coal would be sold to Bowie Resources LLC.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia