Health insurer WellPoint Inc. on Tuesday announced that it would sell its online contact lens business 1-800 Contacts to private equity firm Thomas H. Lee Partners for an undisclosed sum. WellPoint bought 1-800 Contacts for about $900 million.
Sedgwick Claims Management Services, backed by private equity firms Stone Point Capital and Hellman & Friedman, is looking to put up itself for sale in a deal that could value it at more than $2 billion.
US-based party goods retailer Party City Holdings Inc is preparing for a potential initial public offering (IPO) in early 2014, according to anonymous sources familiar with the matter.
TH Lee Partners LP is discharged as a defendant in the case of an 'overarching' conspiracy regarding buyouts and the collusion between private equity firms.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia