Even as Wal-Mart Stores Inc showed unusual openness to outsiders' complaints by taking steps including raising wages, it has been trying to slam the door on a shareholder proposal that could weaken the founding Walton family's power over its board.
The U.S. Federal Reserve said on Thursday it would assume wider corporate bond spreads and a higher oil price in the most strenuous scenario it will use in next year's run of its annual check of banks' health.
T. Rowe Price, the second largest shareholder in Allergan Inc (AGN.N), said on Friday that it wants the company to hold off on making major moves before a Dec. 18 special shareholder meeting, and criticized the board on its corporate governance.
Japan's SoftBank Corp said it expected a gain of about 500 billion yen ($4.6 billion) from Alibaba Group Holding's share listing in New York, where the Chinese e-commerce leader surged 38 percent on its first day of trade.
CtW Investment Group urges recomputation of compensations and urged the opposition to compensation committee.
French billionaire Vincent Bollore is Vivendi's largest shareholder and is not seeking a paying position in the French conglomerate.
Wison Engineering Services Co. Ltd, is cooperating with Chinese authorities investigating the corruption allegedly committed by the current state assets regulator during his tenure as PetroChina head.
Dell Inc, third-largest personal-computer maker, may postpone shareholder’s vote regarding the buyout by its founder.
Fraser & Neave Ltd considers the separation of its property business from its other businesses.
Elan CEO Kelly Martin's future employment with the upcoming shareholder vote.
LDK transfers more shares under a purchase agreement with Fulai.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia