Fitness tracking wristband maker Fitbit Inc is in talks with banks for its initial public offering in the United States, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Jawbone said on Monday it is opening its software to other device-makers in hopes of accelerating sales of its activity-tracking wristbands, in a move that comes a day before Apple Inc is expected to unveil a smartwatch of its own.
San Francisco, US-based application programming interfaces (APIs) debugging and testing tool provider Runscope nabbed $6 million in its first funding round led by General Catalyst Partners to start selling its products.
After issuing a recall and full refund for the involved product, San Francisco, California-based fitness tracker maker FitBit is now facing a class-action lawsuit filed by a customer over the rash issue caused by the latest version of its Force fitness band.
Engineers of California, US-based on-demand Internet streaming service Netflix hacked a Fitbit activity tracking device and activated a feature that auto-pauses the video when the watcher falls asleep and allows him to resume watching when he wakes up.
San Francisco, US-based fitness tracking firm Fitbit issued a voluntary recall of its wristband activity tracker Fitbit Force after a small percentage of users reported skin irritation, and promised to release a new version of the product.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- 1MDB Scandal Forces Moody’s To Change Economic Outlook For Malaysia To Stable From Positive
- Stryker acquires Sage for $2.76 billion
- Gulf investors to acquire stake from Kuwait’s Americana at $1.7 bln
- Beijing Electric Acquires EEW For €1.44 Billion, The Largest Ever Chinese Direct Investment In Germany
- Charlottesville Is The Fastest Growing Venture Capital City in the U.S.
- Samsung Debuts 4K Blu-Ray Player, UBD-K8500/ZA For $399 With Limited Availability
- India's Bharat Biotech International Announced Invention of Vaccine for Zika Virus
- UK Green Bank And BlackRock Consortium Acquires GLID Wind Farms For £423 million