Fitness tracking wristband maker Fitbit Inc is in talks with banks for its initial public offering in the United States, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Jawbone said on Monday it is opening its software to other device-makers in hopes of accelerating sales of its activity-tracking wristbands, in a move that comes a day before Apple Inc is expected to unveil a smartwatch of its own.
San Francisco, US-based application programming interfaces (APIs) debugging and testing tool provider Runscope nabbed $6 million in its first funding round led by General Catalyst Partners to start selling its products.
After issuing a recall and full refund for the involved product, San Francisco, California-based fitness tracker maker FitBit is now facing a class-action lawsuit filed by a customer over the rash issue caused by the latest version of its Force fitness band.
Engineers of California, US-based on-demand Internet streaming service Netflix hacked a Fitbit activity tracking device and activated a feature that auto-pauses the video when the watcher falls asleep and allows him to resume watching when he wakes up.
San Francisco, US-based fitness tracking firm Fitbit issued a voluntary recall of its wristband activity tracker Fitbit Force after a small percentage of users reported skin irritation, and promised to release a new version of the product.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Google offered $200 to $300M to Impossible Foods for plant-based cheeseburgers
- A family of treasure hunters discovered $1M worth of gold coins in Florida seaboard
- Apple and Nike to pay back customers $15 cash or $25 gift card as settlement in Nike+ FuelBand class action suit
- Will $500-billion buying support restore normalcy in Chinese market?
- CFPB fines Citibank for illegal credit card practices
- Not a quick fix: A raise in fast-food hourly wages to $15 leads to 4% increase of product prices- study
- Walmart takes full ownership of e-commerce site Yihaodian in China
- Victoria's Secret is losing $9B for casting out plus-size lingerie