A new report released by information analysis company CCS Insight provided a prediction for 2015 that has tech news sites and blogs abuzz. According to the report Predictions for 2015 and Beyond, search engine giant Google is poised to buy action camera manufacturer, GoPro Inc. in the coming year.
Jawbone said on Monday it is opening its software to other device-makers in hopes of accelerating sales of its activity-tracking wristbands, in a move that comes a day before Apple Inc is expected to unveil a smartwatch of its own.
San Francisco, US-based application programming interfaces (APIs) debugging and testing tool provider Runscope nabbed $6 million in its first funding round led by General Catalyst Partners to start selling its products.
After issuing a recall and full refund for the involved product, San Francisco, California-based fitness tracker maker FitBit is now facing a class-action lawsuit filed by a customer over the rash issue caused by the latest version of its Force fitness band.
Engineers of California, US-based on-demand Internet streaming service Netflix hacked a Fitbit activity tracking device and activated a feature that auto-pauses the video when the watcher falls asleep and allows him to resume watching when he wakes up.
San Francisco, US-based fitness tracking firm Fitbit issued a voluntary recall of its wristband activity tracker Fitbit Force after a small percentage of users reported skin irritation, and promised to release a new version of the product.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Chinese developer Dalian Wanda seen pricing HK IPO in top half-IFR
- Sony hacking highlights challenge to CEO Hirai's 'One Sony' vision
- Energy, tech shares lead Wall Street higher at open
- As Qualcomm decision looms, U.S. presses China on antitrust policy
- China says U.S. appropriations bill violates rules, sends bad signal
- Sony Pictures warns staff on fraudsters misusing stolen data
- Volvo to launch online car sales in marketing shift
- Standard Chartered to sell Hong Kong consumer business to Pepper-linked consortium