Alphabet Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt has been appointed by the Pentagon to lead a special defense board. He will personally advise the agency on emerging tech brought familiar to him in Silicon Valley. Pentagon is reaching out to Silicon Valley as well as hackers to help improve the bureaucracy’s digital security.
Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt said Google was very worried about the growing inequality in democracies, particularly San Francisco, and proposed three solutions to address the issue, TechCrunch reported.
Google Chairman Eric Schmidt said he will be putting money where his mouth is and donating $1 million to companies that will use technology to find solutions to global problems, TechCrunch reported.
Eric Schmidt, the Executive Chairman of search giant Google, has warned that technological advances could eliminate a wide variety of jobs, the Financial Times reported.
Index, a startup that provides software to enhance customer experience in physical stores, received USD7 million in Series A investment from investors including Innovation Endeavors, of which Google executive chairman Eric Schmidt is a co-founder.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia