The emergence of cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, has raised many to speculate whether the concept of a global digital currency is inevitable in today's society. Andrew Filipowski, founder and former CEO of PLATINUM technology, inc and current Chairman & CEO of SilkRoad Equity, believes that the value and promise of Bitcoin can completely revolutionize the global economy and has the inevitable potential to bypass banks altogether.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Falling oil prices influencing global monetary policies
- Recharge your phone in 30 seconds? Israeli firm says it can
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy
- Countries engaging in currency wars?
- Saudis block OPEC output cut, sending oil price plunging
- Toyota recalls more cars for dangerous Takata air bags
- Australia working on new drift modeling for MH370 wreckage
- French regulator approves Numericable-Virgin deal