The emergence of cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, has raised many to speculate whether the concept of a global digital currency is inevitable in today's society. Andrew Filipowski, founder and former CEO of PLATINUM technology, inc and current Chairman & CEO of SilkRoad Equity, believes that the value and promise of Bitcoin can completely revolutionize the global economy and has the inevitable potential to bypass banks altogether.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Modi seeks Japan's help for 'inclusive vision' on first big trip
- Weak data to test BOJ's rosy economic view, policy on hold
- The billion-dollar fall of the house of Espirito Santo
- Swatch prefers go-it-alone route for smartwatch plans
- Citi to pay allowance to compensate for limited bonuses
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank