The emergence of cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, has raised many to speculate whether the concept of a global digital currency is inevitable in today's society. Andrew Filipowski, founder and former CEO of PLATINUM technology, inc and current Chairman & CEO of SilkRoad Equity, believes that the value and promise of Bitcoin can completely revolutionize the global economy and has the inevitable potential to bypass banks altogether.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Costco ties up with Citigroup, Visa for U.S. co-branded cards
- Herbalife cuts pay of CEO Johnson 36 percent after missed targets
- Barnes & Noble to keep Nook business, spin off college books unit
- Reality hits North Dakota's pricey apartment market; rents drop
- Bayer crown prince vows independence for diversified drugmaker
- Huawei plans big push to sell its phones, wearable devices in U.S.
- IEX hires ex-NYSE regulator as it readies to be a stock exchange
- Iraq says discussing $6 billion bond issue with banks