The emergence of cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin, has raised many to speculate whether the concept of a global digital currency is inevitable in today's society. Andrew Filipowski, founder and former CEO of PLATINUM technology, inc and current Chairman & CEO of SilkRoad Equity, believes that the value and promise of Bitcoin can completely revolutionize the global economy and has the inevitable potential to bypass banks altogether.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Creditworthiness of US at stake; Will cash-strapped US raise debt ceiling?
- Yemeksepeti CEO in Turkey gives out $27M to employees after sale
- Yelp CEO announces departure of Chairman Max Levchin
- Will $500-billion buying support restore normalcy in Chinese market?
- Europe invests $384M in search for alien life on Jupiter's moons
- Stronger US dollar is a threat to emerging markets' currencies, and to US economy
- The trinity of Content Marketing and why are they important in your business
- Not a quick fix: A raise in fast-food hourly wages to $15 leads to 4% increase of product prices- study