During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Australia working on new drift modeling for MH370 wreckage
- Behind Black Friday's giant, cheap TV deals
- Countries engaging in currency wars?
- NSA chief warns Chinese cyber attacks could shut U.S. infrastructure
- Ridesharing firm Uber suspends operations in Nevada
- Megaupload's Dotcom says extradition fight leaves him bust
- U.S. regulator to Chrysler's Marchionne: get act in gear on Jeep recall
- Falling oil prices influencing global monetary policies