During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- China raises counterfeiting to the next level with a fake Goldman Sachs
- Schlumberger announces merger offer with oilfield maker Cameron
- Boeing flexes its muscle to control supplier power
- Out of the box: Instagram update allows users to upload landscape and portrait photos and videos
- The Internet of Things is worth $7T market opportunity - IDC
- Richest man in Asia acquires World Triathlon Brand for $650M
- Sephora’s peace offering to disappointed customers: $50 gift code
- Ex-US Treasury Secretary urges Federal Reserve to not make the 'Serious Error' of Raising Interest Rates