During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Tinder all set for an IPO in late 2015, says parent company IAC; Joey Levin named as IAC's new CEO
- Auto insurance industry clueless on driverless cars
- Breaking the glass ceiling in China: How Zhou Qunfei of Lens Technology became the only self-made richest woman in China
- Gravity Payments pulled down due to $70,000 minimum wage announcement
- Not a quick fix: A raise in fast-food hourly wages to $15 leads to 4% increase of product prices- study
- Will $500-billion buying support restore normalcy in Chinese market?
- Chime Communications board okays GBP365M cash offer
- Mexican government hikes dollar auction by almost 4 folds; holds rates