During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- U.S. FCC warns against blocking personal Wi-Fi access
- Cost-cutting VW bets big to revamp loss-making luxury Phaeton
- Caesars' gets its Chicago bankruptcy in win for Apollo
- Wall Street ends lower after Fed statement, oil drop
- Lock of Abe Lincoln's hair sells for $25,000 at Dallas auction
- Fed nods to global troubles, while keeping faith in U.S.
- Huawei says consumer business group targets $16 billion revenue
- Local vendors, not supermarkets, key to Africa food security