During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- With PlayStation network, Sony goes back to the future in search of revival
- Orange's network investments help ward off low-cost rivals in France
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Huawei says ships 34 million smartphones in H1 globally, up 62 percent year-on-year
- JD.com to sell Microsoft's Xbox One games console in China
- China regulator in anti-monopoly probe of Microsoft
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official