During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Charter Communications nears $55 billion deal for Time Warner Cable - sources
- Strong dollar hits Tiffany's quarterly sales
- FCC looks to crack down on robocalls, robotexts
- ECB's Visco says deflation fears eased but asset purchases must go on
- Oil drops below $65 on U.S. shale outlook, dollar
- Russia to adopt tough position if Ukraine defaults: PM Medvedev
- CBS CEO said met with Apple to discuss TV deal
- Citi keeps top spot in FX trading as European banks slump: poll