During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Asian shares up, Scottish vote seen lifting Europe
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Oracle's Ellison steps aside, co-CEOs Catz and Hurd take over
- Microsoft lays off 2,100, axes Silicon Valley research
- Home Depot breach bigger than Target at 56 million cards
- Turquoise Capital Corp. Announces Proposed Qualifying Transaction
- Hyatt Hotels to sell 38 hotels as franchises for about $590 million