During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Canada's Kik raises $38 million, buys video messaging app Relay
- PBOC cuts benchmark interest rates
- Mexico to discuss canceled $3.75 billion train contract with China
- China's CGN Power seeks $3.2 billion in Hong Kong IPO as fourth-quarter listings grow
- Thyssen CEO says sale of submarine unit possible
- SGL says in talks with many carmakers to supply carbon fiber parts
- OPEC panel reviews oil outlook in a start to talks on oversupply
- Dubai's Souq.com plans "Black Friday" equivalent to help boost sales growth