During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Japan's party animals closer to dancing the night away
- AMC Networks buys 49.9 percent stake in BBC America
- Napoleon's two-cornered hat up for grabs at French auction
- Thousands raised to buy car for Pennsylvania sniper's lookalike
- International financial watchdog warns on Iran, North Korea
- BNY Mellon China JV gets regulator approval for exit of U.S. partner
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- ECB tests find 800-850 million euro shortfall at PTSB: source