During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Ackman says shutting Herbalife down is key to him
- Australia kicks off $39 billion submarine tender
- Taiwan, Norway seek to join China-backed AIIB, Japan still cautious
- Berkshire's Buffett says Grexit 'may not be bad' for euro zone: CNBC
- Soros says ready to invest $1 billion in Ukraine if West helps
- Harsh weather cripples fishing and tourism on Cameroon's coast
- Jack Lew to discuss China technology policy, urges market reforms
- Shakespeare's Globe theaters sets stage for new funding for culture