During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Google launches Star Wars VR experience on Cardboard
- Morocco to build the world’s largest solar power plant
- Google features 'Star Wars' themes, making users choose to join "Dark side," "Light Side" N
- Amazon Echo Grow Smarter On Its First Birthday
- Billionaire Liu Yiqian Buys $170 Million Painting: 'Reclining Nude' allows him to fly first class for free
- Alibaba's Jack Ma eyes South China Morning Post
- Blue Origin's rocket returns safely after space flight; Jeff Bezos sees suborbital flights by 2017
- Ackman Established Superiority On Pershing By Raising Its Stake In Valeant Pharmaceuticals