During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Coca-Cola to buy 29 percent stake in Indonesian unit for $500 million
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Japan's Rakuten Inc launches cheap smartphone service
- Investor to object to proposed $4.5 billion JPMorgan settlement
- Samsung Electronics third-quarter operating profit down 60.1 percent on year
- Fiat Chrysler to spin off Ferrari, issue $2.5 billion convertible bond
- At Brazil auto show, industry wonders if it can get any worse
- Twitter users and engagement disappoint, shares dive