During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- From an iPhone to a Tesla car, how much energy do these devices really use?
- Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 10 fails to impress users except for the wide screen
- Latest Mac OS, The El Capitan is here
- Gates Foundation sues Petrobras and Auditor for Fraud
- SoftBank invests $1bn in US fintech startup SoFi
- Panasonic aims $2B revenues from smartphone biz
- Split in hedge funds group over Puerto Rico's restructuring plan
- Ford's 2017 Super Duty trucks lighter but stronger and more modern