During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Apple margin concerns fade, focus shifts to iPhone launch
- TalkTalk attracts 185,000 new customers to its family TV offer
- Netflix profit doubles on U.S., foreign subscriber growth
- In China, Apple's focus pays off while Samsung feels squeeze
- StubHub was victim of cyber fraud ring; arrests to be announced
- Google under fire from regulators over response to EU privacy ruling
- Nokia's fortunes brighten on heavy network spending
- Yahoo to buy analytics startup Flurry to bolster mobile ad business