During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Met Gala 2015 Best Dressed: Rita Ora, J.Lo, Kardashian, Amal Clooney, dress bares all; Who followed the Chinese theme on the red carpet?
- McDonald's fries supplier fined in China for water pollution
- Record prices for paintings, sculpture eyed at N.Y. auctions
- Detroit automakers face speed bumps as sales growth slows
- Apple Watch has lowest hardware cost to price: IHS
- Tesla posts wider net loss, stands by full-year delivery target
- Salesforce shares spike on report of Microsoft evaluating bid
- Doubts grow over GlaxoSmithKline's $6 billion capital return plan