During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- August showed Increase in Personal Spending and Income
- U.S. GDP third Estimation after terrible Winter at 4.6 Percent
- Russia warns Ukraine, EU over free-trade pact
- China regulator approves Apple's iPhone 6 for sale in China
- BMW launches automated driving project in China with Baidu
- Norwegian Instagram rival to launch child safe tablet with Microsoft
- Chinese e-cigarette maker Kimree files for U.S. IPO
- EnLink buys Henry Hub and other Louisiana gas pipelines from Chevron