During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Samsung unveils sleek new Galaxy phones to take on Apple
- Costco ties up with Citigroup, Visa for U.S. co-branded cards
- Barnes & Noble to keep Nook business, spin off college books unit
- Bayer crown prince vows independence for diversified drugmaker
- U.S. CEOs modestly more upbeat on economy, spending: survey