During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Gulf investors to acquire stake from Kuwait’s Americana at $1.7 bln
- Verizon CEO showed interest in Yahoo acquisition
- India's Bharat Biotech International Announced Invention of Vaccine for Zika Virus
- Stryker acquires Sage for $2.76 billion
- Public spending propels Africa's fastest growing economy Ethiopia
- UK Green Bank And BlackRock Consortium Acquires GLID Wind Farms For £423 million
- Samsung Debuts 4K Blu-Ray Player, UBD-K8500/ZA For $399 With Limited Availability
- The First Rolls Royce Dawn Convertible Auctions For $750,000, Insurance Mogul Julian Movsesian Wins The Bid