During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Chinese developer Dalian Wanda seen pricing HK IPO in top half-IFR
- Sony hacking highlights challenge to CEO Hirai's 'One Sony' vision
- Energy, tech shares lead Wall Street higher at open
- As Qualcomm decision looms, U.S. presses China on antitrust policy
- China says U.S. appropriations bill violates rules, sends bad signal
- Sony Pictures warns staff on fraudsters misusing stolen data
- Volvo to launch online car sales in marketing shift
- U.S. faces tough questions in Apple e-books antitrust appeal