During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Michigan becomes fifth U.S. state to thwart direct Tesla car sales
- Yahoo ekes out third quarter revenue gain despite display ad weakness
- Japan's power failure: Bid to forge national grid stumbles
- Investors seek more time to prepare for Hong Kong-Shanghai stock tie-up
- DH Capital Advises Clear Measures on Sale to Data Intensity
- QE2 Acquisition Corp. Announces Closing of Qualifying Transaction
- U.S. risks trade sanctions in WTO meat label dispute
- Yahoo set to outline cost-cutting efforts