During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- OtterBox maker explores $2.5 billion-plus sale: sources
- Kleiner to invest in messaging startup Snapchat at near-$10 billion valuation: report
- U.S. approval of Merck cancer immunotherapy expected soon
- Sony says PlayStation network back online, user information safe after attack
- Google buys video-processing service provider Zync Render
- Oak Hill Capital to buy Berlin Packaging for $1.43 billion
- Australia's Qantas, Virgin allow smartphones throughout flights
- Citi and HSBC among banks to manage $3 bln ONGC share sale -sources