During the inauguration of the Keemanshoop Old Mutual Retail Centre yesterday, Namibia President Hifikepunye Pohamba called on foreign firms to invest in the country's infrastructure development to help the improve its economy.
Kenya-based wearable tech startup CladLight created the Smart Jacket, a wearable jacket with modified reflector and transmitter, to make motorbike driving more stable and help reduce the number of accidents in the country.
Nairobi, Kenya-based private equity firm Catalyst Principal Partners acquired Dar es Salaam, Tanzania-based heavy equipment rental and logistics firm EFFCO for an undisclosed amount as part of its strategy to invest in high-growth companies in eastern Africa.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- Heineken to sell Mexican can, bottle maker to Crown
- New Apple iPhone to have 'mobile wallet' function: Bloomberg
- Modi seeks Japan's help for 'inclusive vision' on first big trip
- China's Li Ning stumbles from gold medal position to no man's land
- From Seoul to Mexico City, pressure mounts to ease U.S. oil export ban
- 'Back to normal' for AstraZeneca CEO, despite Pfizer rumors
- Samsung Heavy to absorb Samsung Engineering for $2.5 billion
- Microsoft will not hand over overseas email, despite order