Raiffeisen Bank International had been drubbed by bad debts in its Eastern European business as well as insolvencies and restructuring in its home country of Austria.
The 'Lehman Weekend' was the height of the financial crisis five years ago and may be repeated if 'shadow banking' would be allowed to continue without regulatory action.
The Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive for all EU members to recognize the Single Resolution Mechanism would be created after the German elections.
Lawyers of the European Union said the proposed transaction tax plan was illegal.
OGX Petroleo, Eike Batista's flagship company, may seek more financial assistance from bondholders to avoid seeking bankruptcy protection.
Indian banks are seeking to set up shop in Mauritius in order to gain from possible business the African continent would provide.
Sources told the Wall Street Journal that JPMorgan & Chase would be allocating USD 4 billion to strengthen its oversight controls.
UK banks would need another GBP50 billion on top of GBP13.7 billion to comply with both Basel III and Basel IV.
Analysts and pundits alike saw that private insurers who received state aid are reaping more benefits than they should.
Barclays said would spend GBP 1.4 billion to revamp its consumer banking unit.
Standard and Poor's analysts have criticized the practice of Scandinavian banks.
IberiaBank Corporation finalized the agreement that assumed the assets of Trust One Bank.
Several local and international banks come together to provide a loan facility worth USD880 million for Atlantis, The Palm.
Dangote Group president and Africa's richest man Aliko Dangote signed a loan worth USD3.3 billion with 12 local and international banks to fund a USD3 billion proposed oil refinery complex in Nigeria.
New policies are being instituted to make 'shadow banking' safer for market players, according to the European Union.
Subscribe to VCpost newsletter
- (VIDEO Review) YEPO 737A Notebook 6GB RAM
- SEP Announces Investment in Communications Technology Leader
- Banking Innovation Strikes Back
- Ollie completes $15M financing; Series A led by Aviva Investors and Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Edurance King: OUKITEL K10 starts presale at $249.99 with 11000mAh battery
- Softbank to invest 460 million euros in Germany's Auto1
- Iceland Investing $1 Billion on Increasing Airport Capacity
- Hyundai to Invest in Grab, Uber's Largest Rival in Southeast Asia