Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc on Monday reported better-than-expected growth in sales at established restaurants after diners appeared to shrug off price increases at the burrito chain known for serving antibiotic-free meats and organic produce.
- Actavis, Sanofi among bidders for Omega Pharma
- Australia's Cabcharge says rebuffs M&A talk from NY-listed FleetCor
- Amazon strikes deal with Simon & Schuster on e-book prices
- BlackBerry shares up after unconfirmed report on possible Lenovo bid
- Top Allergan holder Paulson urges deal with Shire: sources
- AbbVie says $55 billion acquisition of Shire officially dead
- Virgin Money postpones London stock market listing
China's corporations and billionaires have lagged behind in contributions to fighting the Ebola epidemic in West Africa despite vast economic ties to the region, the World Food Programme said on Monday.
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- U.S. funds to fight Ebola now top $1 billion, may rise
- As Ukraine's debt tangle unwinds, Russia holds key thread
- Philanthropies, including Rockefellers and Investors pledge $50 billion fossil fuel divestment
- Ebola could drain billions of dollars from African economies: World Bank
- Ohio offers Amazon tax breaks to build $1.1 billion data center
- Dubai's Emaar looks to raise $1.58 billion from malls unit's IPO
Microsoft Corp's new Chief Executive Satya Nadella has become one the technology industry's biggest earners, with a total compensation package worth $84.3 million this year, according to a document filed with securities regulators on Monday.
- Work on 'taming' firms wins Frenchman economics Nobel
- Briton denies guilt in South African 'honeymoon murder' trial
- Elisabeth Murdoch to step down as Shine Group chairman
- Italy PM Renzi attacks establishment resistance, vows to press on
- How Bill Gross became too hot for Pimco to handle
- Alibaba's Jack Ma rises to top of China rich list as tech tycoons gain
- When music stops for Oracle CEO dance, Catz may grab Ellison's chair : analysts
UK lender Virgin Money has postponed its London stock market listing, the company said on Friday, delaying plans to raise around 150 million pounds ($241.5 million) in a float that could have valued the firm at 1.5-2 billion pounds ($2.4-3.2 billion).
- As IPO markets stumble, private equity buyers prepare to swoop
- ConvaTec owners appoint banks to explore sale
- Online growth prospects help Japan's Recruit shine in market debut
- Samsung's Cheil Industries submits plans for roughly $1.4 billion IPO
- Car care products company Armored AutoGroup mulls IPO - sources
- Jimmy Choo IPO pricing values firm at up to $1.1 billion
- Japan's Recruit prices $2 billion IPO at top of range
Generic drugmaker Actavis Plc and France's Sanofi SA are among the suitors for privately held Omega Pharma NV [COUCKO.UL], Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
- Hope and obstacles as Russia and Ukraine seek gas deal
- Market action reinforces need for policy patience: Fed's Rosengren
- Banks to get instruction manual for submitting Libor quotes
- Spain's FCC says board approves $1.3 billion rights issue
- Standard Chartered readies to close thousands of UAE accounts as U.S. deadline looms
- Credibility meets compromise in Europe's bank stress test
- Lufthansa cancels flights due to pilots strike; train stoppage strands millions
When Adan Bello was born in Caracas, he barely cried. Then the Venezuelan baby's blinking eyes turned towards the calm melody of a duo of harpists playing Brahms' "Cradle Song" in the corner of a public hospital's maternity wing.
- U.S. consumer sentiment rises despite Ebola fears
- Cuban children train for circus, and a future
- Giacometti 'Chariot' on view at $800 million Sotheby's show
- Bonhams to auction Lauren Bacall's art collection
- Rome opera house sacks orchestra, chorus as arts funding shrivels
- Obama's BRAIN initiative awards $46 million in grants
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm