ComScore Inc, a data analytics provider and a major player in web tracking, will acquire Rentrak Corp for an implied value of $771 in all stock deal. Rentrak offers viewership rating services. As part of the buying deal, every share of Rentrak will be converted into 1.15 shares of ComScore. After the buying process, Rentrak will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of ComScore. The combined entity is expected to become a major measurement system for media and advertisement agencies. The buyout deal is expected to close in early 2016. The combined entity will get cost benefit of $55mn over the next two years.
- Comcast to acquire majority stake in Universal Studios Japan
- Energy Transfer Equity to acquire William Cos for $33B
- Australia's Vocus to acquire its rival M2 Group for A$1.93B
- Goldman Sachs leaves rivals far behind in M&A race
- Swiss Re to buy Guardian Financial Services for $2.45B
- Sharp Corp explores ways on LCD biz revival, Taiwanese firm offers bid for it
- Altice to buy Cablevision for $17.7bn including debt
Marking the first ever single major investment in financial technology (fintech) segment, SoftBank Group Corp has led an investment of $1billion in the US startup SoFi. Private equity (PE) firms such as Third Point have invested in SoFi. Both the companies are of a positive view that the Series E funding round will speed up the growth rate of SoFi. The fintech services are gaining support from customers, who're not satisfied with traditional banking services. SoFi is aiming at expanding financial offerings in the near future.
- Glencore to complete 2 deals to slash down debt
- Online lender Avant Inc raises $659mn from JPMorgan, PE firms
- Barrick Gold Corp buys back part of outstanding debt
- Top Crowdfunding Sites For Entrepreneurs Looking to Make their Startups and Projects Come to Life
- Zscaler raises $25mn from Google Capital to close $110-mn round
- BHS secures GBP 65M loan for a 2-year turnaround lifeline
- Disruptive technology destabilizes the economy as we enter the venture capital revolution
Floyd "Money" Mayweather stood up to his nickname when he added only the fastest car in the world and definitely his most expensive car so far. The arguably best boxer of his generation posted a photo of his latest toy that cost only $4.8 million.
- "The Apprentice" is looking for a new boss; Will NBC hire George Lopez after Trump gets 'fired'?
- Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata Dies At 55; Analysts Say This Is A Big Lost For Nintendo
- Nobel Laureate and Math Genius John F. Nash Jr. Dies in a Car Crash; ‘A Beautiful Mind’ Actor Russel Crowe Shares Sympathy
- Trent Reznor Turns 50: What The Future Holds For Industrial Rock Genius And Nine Inch Nails
- Lionel Messi leads Barcelona over Bayern: Messi moves ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo in ranks; Leads 3-0 victory on UEFA Champions League semis
- Mary Jane Veloso Granted Temporary Reprieve: RP Prays for Executive Clemency; Will it be granted?
- 17-Year Old and Other Teen Millionaires: How to Become a Young Millionaire?
The Match Group, operators of the dating app Tinder and matchmaking websites Match.com and OkCupid along with several others, is headed for an initial public offering. This was revealed by Barry Diller, Chairman and Senior Executive of InterActiveCorp (IAC), who owns the business unit.
- Twilio sends letter offering to repurchase stocks to early shareholders, signalling possibility to go public
- Canadian software maker Shopify valued at $1.27 billion at IPO price
- Racing team success could be winning formula for Ferrari IPO
- Bombardier preparing to list minority stake in rail unit B
- Venture-backed U.S. IPOs hit lowest levels in two years
- GoDaddy IPO values company at $4.5 billion
- Indian airline IndiGo heads for up to $400 million IPO amid travel boom: sources
The United States imposes sanctions upon 30 individuals and groups linked to the Islamic State. Fifteen people were designated by the Treasury Department as Islamic State supporters, while 10 individuals and five groups were tagged by the State Department as foreign terrorist fighters.
- China slaps fine on Microsoft's Chinese JV over Xbox
- Gates Foundation sues Petrobras and Auditor for Fraud
- Indian market regulator slaps $1.1B fine on PACL Ltd
- Volkswagen scandal is gaining steam
- Apple wins patent infringement case but Samsung is likely affected
- Berkeley's wage rose to $19 by 2020
- Chrysler-UAW labor pact solves all the big problems except one
It's no longer unusual if you see working mothers in the office, streets, or restaurants. With the high cost of living, children's education, and bills to pay, couples should help each other to make both ends meet.
- Smartest ways to budget baby spending for new parents
- Career Women can Increase Impact, Influence and Income
- Make Your Workplace Stress-Free in 9 Easy Ways
- Five Best Practices to Improve your Savings
- Social security strategies for singles - these are friends with real benefits
- Improving Credit Score in Four Simple Steps
- Social Security: What and When to Collect; What's the Max Strategy if Single, Never Married with No Kids