U.S. hedge fund Elliott has obtained the right to take a stake in German machine-tool maker DMG Mori Seiki AG (GILG.DE), for which Japanese partner DMG Mori Seiki Co Ltd (6141.T) made a takeover offer last week, the German company said on Friday.
- Australia’s Crown Resorts drops Sri Lanka $400 million casino plan
- Sunac China to buy 49.3 percent stake in troubled developer Kaisa: Caixin
- Qatar Airways takes $1.7 billion stake in British Airways-owner IAG
- Tencent inks exclusive online partnership for NBA games in China
- Caesars' gets its Chicago bankruptcy in win for Apollo
- LSE to put Russell Investments up for sale for $1.4 billion
- BOC Hong Kong considering sale of $6 billion bank unit Nanyang - sources
International donors pledged $7.5 billion on Tuesday to immunize 300 million children in poor countries against deadly diseases such as diarrhea and pneumonia.
- Gates foundation sees huge gains against disease, poverty by 2030
- SpaceX raises $1 billion in funding from Google, Fidelity
- China's Xiaomi raises $1.1 billion from investors at $45 billion valuation
- Unable to pay salaries, Afghanistan asks donors for more money
- Uber in talks to sell over $1 billion in convertible debt
- Massive white truffle to be sold at New York auction
- Intel acquires Canadian IT security firm PasswordBox
Bold and beautiful : President Obama delivered his speech in his State of the Union. The President laid out impeccable plans to the American people.
- Arab woman aims to blaze a trail in Israel's high-tech sector
- Amazon workers strike in Germany as Christmas orders peak
- ECB Draghi: Relationship of financial fragmentation and monetary policy & the Eurosystem’s collateral framework
- Weekly Economic Recap: US Growth performance in line with projections; UK Growth and inflation forecasts lowered; Japan GDP data takes centre stage
- Economics Monitor
- Entrepreneur, 13, gets Intel funding for low-cost Braille printer
- PepsiCo President Zein Abdalla to retire
GlaxoSmithKline could consider more partial public share offerings for component units as it evolves in the coming years, potentially pointing to a break-up of the group if this offers value to shareholders.
- Singapore's Ezra puts on hold U.S. IPO plan for subsea unit
- Fitness software firm Mindbody selects banks for IPO
- Etsy, marketplace for handmade goods, to file for IPO
- China's Wanda seeks to raise $203 million in scaled-back IPO
- India's Micromax plans up to $500 million IPO
- Shake Shack IPO filing comes amid a hunger for premium burgers
- Analytics-based U.S. tech firm Inovalon files for IPO
The U.S. Senate passed a bill on Thursday to approve the long-pending Keystone XL oil pipeline, despite the White House saying earlier in the day that President Barack Obama would veto the measure.
- Green light for some would-be U.S. oil exporters; more questions for others
- U.S. FCC warns against blocking personal Wi-Fi access
- German watchdog sees no signs of gold, forex manipulation
- Obama's top economic adviser seeks tighter broker regulations: Bloomberg
- UK aims to pass law to ban branding on cigarette packs before May
- U.S. refinery workers, oil firms start talks for new contract
- FCC fines Viacom, ESPN for misusing emergency alerts in movie promo
Traditional markets sell more than 85 percent of the food consumed in sub-Saharan Africa, and rather than replacing them with Western-style supermarkets, governments should train local vendors to improve food safety, researchers say.
- Businesses plan to reopen as Hawaii lava flow stalls
- Low pay, few jobs cost women in poor countries $9 trillion a year: charity
- Car collectors seek one-off models in quest for exclusivity
- In Canada's oil sands, a boomtown starts feeling the chill
- Original Apple computer sells for $365,000 at New York auction
- Disney-Pixar to translate 'Finding Nemo' film into Navajo
- Only 13 percent of financial firms' top executives are women: study