Schlumberger had announced conclusive merger agreement with Cameron in which both companies shall combine in a stock and cash transaction. The agreement was unanimously confirmed by the boards of directors of both companies on Thursday.
- AOL buys web developer Ashe Avenue
- Oshkosh wins $6.75B defense contract to build Humvee replacement
- Punch Taverns sells 158 pubs to NewRiver; Deal Closed at £53.5M
- Maxymiser acquisition to fortify Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Indiana University and Adidas Signs a $53.6M Deal
- Whatever happened to Disney and Maker Studios $500M big deal?
- BuzzFeed enters TV and film with the NBCUniversal deal
Coursera, the world's leading online education provider, announced that it raised almost $50 million in funding for their expansion plans to China, the Americas and India.
- Indiegogo CEO Gives the Best Tips and Tricks for Successful Crowdfunding
- Analytics platform ChartMogul raises $900k; to release new APIs
- Get most out of your Fundraising in Silicon Valley; Learn the Tips and Tricks from Mattermark and more
- New BhS owners are looking for £70M to finance revival
- StoreDot's $18M funds will be used to develop a five-minute charging of electric cars
- TrackIF helps shoppers and businesses save money; Raised $5 Million in a Series A funding
- Funding Circle lines up $1B funding for small business lending globally
Floyd "Money" Mayweather stood up to his nickname when he added only the fastest car in the world and definitely his most expensive car so far. The arguably best boxer of his generation posted a photo of his latest toy that cost only $4.8 million.
- "The Apprentice" is looking for a new boss; Will NBC hire George Lopez after Trump gets 'fired'?
- Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata Dies At 55; Analysts Say This Is A Big Lost For Nintendo
- Nobel Laureate and Math Genius John F. Nash Jr. Dies in a Car Crash; ‘A Beautiful Mind’ Actor Russel Crowe Shares Sympathy
- Trent Reznor Turns 50: What The Future Holds For Industrial Rock Genius And Nine Inch Nails
- Lionel Messi leads Barcelona over Bayern: Messi moves ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo in ranks; Leads 3-0 victory on UEFA Champions League semis
- Mary Jane Veloso Granted Temporary Reprieve: RP Prays for Executive Clemency; Will it be granted?
- 17-Year Old and Other Teen Millionaires: How to Become a Young Millionaire?
The Match Group, operators of the dating app Tinder and matchmaking websites Match.com and OkCupid along with several others, is headed for an initial public offering. This was revealed by Barry Diller, Chairman and Senior Executive of InterActiveCorp (IAC), who owns the business unit.
- Twilio sends letter offering to repurchase stocks to early shareholders, signalling possibility to go public
- Canadian software maker Shopify valued at $1.27 billion at IPO price
- Racing team success could be winning formula for Ferrari IPO
- Bombardier preparing to list minority stake in rail unit B
- Venture-backed U.S. IPOs hit lowest levels in two years
- GoDaddy IPO values company at $4.5 billion
- Indian airline IndiGo heads for up to $400 million IPO amid travel boom: sources
An Oakland lawyer claims that companies in the Bay Area will soon be facing overtime-related lawsuits. These lawsuits will hit firms in the sharing economy, like Lyft and Uber.
- Business groups disappointed over new Federal labor ruling that gives contract workers more bargaining power
- China raises counterfeiting to the next level with a fake Goldman Sachs
- U.S. ITC terminates Microsoft patent infringement case filed by InterDigital Inc.
- Starkist class action settlement gives consumers refund in cash or tuna
- FAA recorded almost 700 drones and aircraft near collisions
- Michael Jordan proves he wasn’t after the money, Donates $8.9M to charity
- US allows social security benefits for same-sex spouses
Most consider their Social Security as their biggest asset. But to get the best from your lifetime benefits, you must know what and when to collect.
- When Is the Right Time to Transfer Balances to a New Credit Card?
- Hawaii leads most expensive states in US; New York slips to 3rd position
- Senior workers can remain significant for tomorrow's work
- What the 2016 presidential candidates have to say about student loans
- What to do with excess contribution in your retirement account?
- Bored with problem sets? Why not solve real people's problems - and make money out of it
- 401K: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly Alternative