One of the largest property developers in China, Evergrande Real Estate Group Ltd., acquired 50 percent share from Great Eastern Life Assurance Co for 3.9 billion yuan, or $610 million, to get into the insurance industry.
- Apple officialy confirms the acquisition of motion-capture firm Faceshift
- CVC and Canadian Pension Plan near deal to buy Petco for $4.7B
- HomeAway started looking for buyers three years ago, Expedia to purchase HomeAway for $3.9 billion in cash
- Alibaba Group may acquire SCMP group
- Russia's two biggest airlines to combine; Aeroflot to buy Transaero for patriotism rather than profits
- Beck's Beer Maker Formalized a $106 Billion Deal Acquisition of SABMiller
- Molson Coors to buy SABMiller's stake in Miller Coors
American film maker, producer, writer and creator of Star Wars, billionaire George Lucas and his wife Mellody Hobson, through the George Lucas Family Foundation, are donating $10 million to George Lucas' alma mater - the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts.
- Cloud storage startup ClearSky Data gets $27 million in Series B funding
- New crowdfunding norms to push US start-ups
- Revlon raises over $2M in crowdfunding for women's health charities
- Uber plans to raise $1B in fund raising
- Bitcoin startup Abra announces U.S. and Philippines launch
- KickStarter bans laser-powered razor campaign for lack of working prototype
- Airbus calls off talks with Bombardier on C-Series Jet project
Floyd "Money" Mayweather stood up to his nickname when he added only the fastest car in the world and definitely his most expensive car so far. The arguably best boxer of his generation posted a photo of his latest toy that cost only $4.8 million.
- "The Apprentice" is looking for a new boss; Will NBC hire George Lopez after Trump gets 'fired'?
- Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata Dies At 55; Analysts Say This Is A Big Lost For Nintendo
- Nobel Laureate and Math Genius John F. Nash Jr. Dies in a Car Crash; ‘A Beautiful Mind’ Actor Russel Crowe Shares Sympathy
- Trent Reznor Turns 50: What The Future Holds For Industrial Rock Genius And Nine Inch Nails
- Lionel Messi leads Barcelona over Bayern: Messi moves ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo in ranks; Leads 3-0 victory on UEFA Champions League semis
- Mary Jane Veloso Granted Temporary Reprieve: RP Prays for Executive Clemency; Will it be granted?
- 17-Year Old and Other Teen Millionaires: How to Become a Young Millionaire?
The first share sale made by an Indian airline in six years has gone on to receive bids that were 6 times more than the $460 million target set by the company. The company that held an IPO was InterGlobe Aviation Ltd., an air transportation services company with headquarters in Gurgaon, India.
- Ferrari shares rev up in market debut but shift to low gear a week later
- Ferrari prices IPO at $52 per share, bringing its market capitalization to $9.8Bn
- First Data prices IPO at $16 per share: Highest for 2015, Lower than expected
- Match Group Inc. will go public
- Stock market volatility forces Albertsons to delay IPO
- First Data Corp. Raises $2.56 Billion in Initial Public Offering
- Square Files for IPO despite of $77.6 million loss
Five people have been charged with kickback scheme related to billing that costs the government and insurance companies to the tune of $580 million. Doctors and others benefited from this scam by referring patients to two Southern California hospitals.
- FAA Task Force to create free three step Drone Registration process
- People with unpaid IRS debt can have their Passports cancelled
- Legal marijuana products should come with warnings according to AMA
- 'Doctor Who' - 'Game of Thrones' Possible Crossover, Natalie Dormer to play first female Doctor?
- Cuomo increases Basic Minimum Wage for NY State Workers to $15 an hour
- Nestlé's Maggi Noodle Makes A Happy Return To Indian Shelves This Diwali After Successful Testing
- Toshiba sues three former CEOs amid accounting scandal
Holiday occasions bring smiles and enthusiasm in thousands of people as they celebrate by exchanging gifts and inviting people for a feast. This sometimes can lead to overspending, thus making a household budget jeopardized.
- Britain's weirdest, but highest paid jobs
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talk About Her Goop in Innovation Festival
- Pope Francis urges Catholics to put down technology at the dinner table
- “Bank of Mom and Dad” offers solution for millennials to buy a home
- Keep your credit score high and debt low
- Millennials living with parents increased, study shows
- The Top 6 Advantages of having a Home-Based Business